- She wanted to come to the - she ASSUMED she was coming to the delivery room when I had my first child.
- We didn't tell her when we went to the hospital because my husband, Todd, was afraid that she'd be really upset.
- When Todd called her to say that it was a boy! And he was healthy! And hurray! She said "what do you mean? She HAD the baby?!" That was her first reaction. Me me me. Ugh.
- I called my new baby's blog something cute like Second Baby and now she only calls my unborn baby Second Baby. She went to a make a bear place and made a bear with her voice recorded on it saying "Hello, Second Baby!".
- She is coming up to my house tomorrow to 'help' with Joseph while Todd and I go to the hospital to have the new baby. She is bringing her husband. When Todd told her that my parents were going to stay up North (they winter in a Southern state) through the baby's Birth Day, the first thing she said was "Do I still get to come up and stay with Joseph?"
I know. I know I'm whiny. But it's just - I feel like we in my (more normal, superior) family are the ones sucking it up here all the time. My parents live really close - what would be the problem with them coming over for one of the nights?
I don't really care as much as I did, say last week. I am in some kind of a fog now, you know, like right before you have the baby? Some kind of an earth mother groove where I think I will do anything to just have a healthy baby tomorrow. I will mention this 9,999,999 times going forward but my first baby was, to put it lightly, colicky and fussy and cried for the first four months of his life. I swear to God, I have some kind of post traumatic stress disorder from it, it was horrible. So I am praying this time, not just for healthy, but happy. But today? Today I say just healthy. Please, please. And please don't let me die on the table.